The Higher Education Summit will take place on Thursday afternoon, June 22. Participants should come prepared to share and discuss their experiences and perspectives on any of the many issues of concern to people who use Drupal in institutions of higher education.
Who should come
- Faculty and IT managers from university / colleges interested in Open Source
- Admins and university staff who are involved in maintaining college web-infrastructure
- Students working on Open Source and Drupal
- Developers or Drupal shops with clients in higher education
- Others who are related to the education industry and are using Drupal
What you’ll gain
- An chance to share with and learn from others implementing Drupal in universities and colleges
- An opportunity to network and organize for the future
Come prepared to share
Come prepared to share your experience using Drupal and other Open Source software within the context of Higher Education. Have you built something with Drupal that you’re proud of, started a user group on your campus, or figured out the best way to push out security updates to hundreds of department sites at once? This is a great chance to share your awesome projects and lessons learned with peers, and learn a few new tricks while you’re at it.
If you’re running up against a challenge with your own implementation, there’s a good chance that others are encountering similar issues. Breakout discussions are a great opportunity to meet others, share advice, and combine our collective knowledge to solve hard problems.
Got ideas for a breakout discussion or lightning talk? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draft Schedule (subject to revision):
|1:00 pm||Opening session|
|1:30 pm||Lightning talks|
|2:45 pm||Organize Breakouts|
|3:00 pm||Breakout #1|
|4:00 pm||Breakout #2|
Camp attendees may register for the Higher Education Summit at no additional cost.